An early 1906 photograph and the Sanborn Fire Insurance Company map of Rupert, dated August 1921, show this lot vacant. Although the date of construction of this modest brick structure is not known, the style and materials of the building are consistent with pre-World War II Construction. Little has changed in the historic appearance of this building. It is one of two of the bestpreserved buildings in the historic district with its seven-lite opaque glass clearstory, recessed entry, inset signboard and a brick capped parapet. Over the years, the structure has housed Wolf’s Hardware and Wayne’s Shoe Service. This building, together with the building immediately to the west, was occupied by the Mode O’Day dress shop until 1986, when it became The Stockroom Family Shoe Outlet.