John J. Burns received transfer of title to the land on August 31, 1907. In the 1920s, a candy store was on the north side of the building, with an ice cream shop on the south, and a creamery and ice cream plant on the alley. By 1931, the present brick building was built. In addition, a two-story apartment was built where the ice cream plant had stood. In the 1940s, Fagg’s Market was located in the north half of this building. The partition was removed in 1951. This owner-operated store was typical of the time, serving its customers on a first name basis and allowing them to charge groceries and pay for them by the month. Bob’s Bargain Store, “Trade with crooked Bob,” a second hand and army surplus store followed. The operator, Bob Seaquist, always had a quick wit and sunny disposition that rose above a disability he received during WWII. “Shop here don’t worry about credit--pay cash! No charge for lookers–good or others” were some of his humorous advertising slogans and a memory that brings a smile to those who remember him. Bill and Pearl Amen purchased this building in 1978. They expanded their Tots to Teens children’s clothing store from the building to the south into this building in 1989. Tots to teens has occupied the combined buildings since. Period brickwork and corner medallions mark the signboard at the top of the buildings. This building and the building to the north now share the center pilaster, scarred by the old barber pole.